
Saturday, June 16, 2018
Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
10/10
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I first read this book at nine years old in the fourth grade. I remember loving the book, and I also have the memory of crying an awful lot. I believe that this was the first book that I cried while reading and there were a great deal of them.
Flash-forward 31 years later and I decided to listen to the audiobook while driving to work. I must say that it was a joy to listen to it again. I believe that I enjoyed it even more this time than when I was a child. Wilson Rawls is a great writer. He really pulls you into his story, and for a brief, but brilliant moment, he puts you into the mind of a young teenage boy from the Ozarks that loves his dogs and hunts raccoons.
I have seven dogs now as a 40 year old man, and this story still gets under my skin in a good way. I felt that boys love for his dogs, and I am sure the other drivers thought that man crying in his car was off his rocker, but this is such a lovely story that I don’t care. I LOVE this book. I loved it at nine, and I love it at 40. This is one that I plan on reading at least once every year or two. What an amazing read!
I have seven dogs now as a 40 year old man, and this story still gets under my skin in a good way. I felt that boys love for his dogs, and I am sure the other drivers thought that man crying in his car was off his rocker, but this is such a lovely story that I don’t care. I LOVE this book. I loved it at nine, and I love it at 40. This is one that I plan on reading at least once every year or two. What an amazing read!
I first read this book at nine years old in the fourth grade. I remember loving the book, and I also have the memory of crying an awful lot. I believe that this was the first book that I cried while reading and there were a great deal of them.
Flash-forward 31 years later and I decided to listen to the audiobook while driving to work. I must say that it was a joy to listen to it again. I believe that I enjoyed it even more this time than when I was a child. Wilson Rawls is a great writer. He really pulls you into his story, and for a brief, but brilliant moment, he puts you into the mind of a young teenage boy from the Ozarks that loves his dogs and hunts raccoons.
I have seven dogs now as a 40 year old man, and this story still gets under my skin in a good way. I felt that boys love for his dogs, and I am sure the other drivers thought that man crying in his car was off his rocker, but this is such a lovely story that I don’t care. I LOVE this book. I loved it at nine, and I love it at 40. This is one that I plan on reading at least once every year or two. What an amazing read!
I have seven dogs now as a 40 year old man, and this story still gets under my skin in a good way. I felt that boys love for his dogs, and I am sure the other drivers thought that man crying in his car was off his rocker, but this is such a lovely story that I don’t care. I LOVE this book. I loved it at nine, and I love it at 40. This is one that I plan on reading at least once every year or two. What an amazing read!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.